Monday, June 29, 2015

Two Chairs & A Side Table



I have a fond admiration for chairs with upholstered pads. I came across one of these chairs in Goodwill a long time ago and while scanning OfferUp one day, I see a lady selling a pair of the same chairs. Secretly, I was hoping she would have a third so I could make a dining room set, but she didn't. So I told her I would buy one chair so I could have a set of two. I went to go pick it up and she ended up giving me both chairs for $5. So now I have three of these. They are such great chairs, great character with a really nice wide seat.




I went to go pick it up and she ended up giving me both chairs for $5. So now I have three of these. They are such great chairs, great character with a really nice wide seat. I have really been liking lighter colors now that it is summer here in Wisconsin, specifically light blues, grays and whites. So I decided to paint the chairs in Seagull Grey by Behr that I made into a chalk paint with Plaster of Paris. For my chalk paint, I use three parts paint, one part water, and one part Plaster of Paris. I usually mix the water and Plaster of Paris first and then add the paint. I then found this amazing fabric at my local Jo-Ann Fabrics. I really like the color combination. As much as I love chairs after, they are not fun to paint for me. They take so much time with all the detail on them. I need to get a sprayer soon! Next, I finished them with furniture wax. The table in the middle was one of my very first projects. I used General Finishes antique white milk paint on the base and their Java Gel for the top. I love this set, wish I had a bigger place to keep all these items!




No comments:

Post a Comment