Thursday, June 25, 2015

Console Table Turned Bench




One of my new websites I have been checking for furniture is OfferUp. I came across this great console table that was located not far from my condo.

Although it was not real wood, it was a great piece with a lot of character. It was not as high as I was hoping for a console table, so I decided to make it a bench. My vision was to paint the table black and find some good neutral fabric to upholster it with to make a bench.  I usually always go to my local Jo-Ann's for fabric, but felt like trying Hobby Lobby. I am so horrible when it comes to fabric, I could always spend hours in there. I narrowed it down to these two.

I decided to go with the fabric in the bottom picture. I purchased two yards, a long with some batting and foam. I am a novice when it comes to upholstering. I learned by watching YouTube tutorials and just trying it. I used my electric stapler and started on it.



It is not perfect, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I used Country Chic paint in Liquorice and General Finished High Performance Topcoat in Flat. This one is a keeper!

Thanks for reading!
Shayla

2 comments:

  1. I've done this 4 times now & I love it! Still one of my favorite projects ever! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bench and the fabric that you chose. Thank you for linking to Friday's Furniture Fix!

    ReplyDelete